A celebration of Peace to enhance Domestic Tourism & Enviromentał Conservation.
- 60km Opening Circuit in Zanzibar- Flag oﬀ & ﬁnish 15th April at Amani Stadium
- Tanzania Mainland Tour- ﬂag oﬀ 17th April at Mnazi Mmoja
- Bike check mechanics, accommodation, meals & refreshments will be provided
This is to bring to your attention our upcoming event dubbed – Tour Tanzania #Pedal4Peace. This cycling competition is a celebration of peace aimed at enhancing the promotion of domestic tourism, environ- mental conservation, patriotism and fostering cohesion amongst the citizenry of Tanzania & Zanzibar.
Tour Tanzania will draw participants from all the six EAC partner states (Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi & South Sudan) and beyond.
Afrika Mashariki Fest
Afrika Mashariki Fest (AMF) is a voluntary non partisan regional youth platform which strongly believes that the youth MUST be at the forefront of the East African Community (EAC) integration.
Our core mandate is the creation of awareness about the EAC integration process through Art, Sports and Advocacy platforms. We also advocate regionally for the sustainable utilisation of Lake Victoria and River Nile as historical and key water bodies that greatly impact onto the lives of most East Africans. We are therefore passionately and voluntarily driven towards promoting domestic tourism in our region.
We are here to champion everyone’s right to feel East African by blowing the trumpet so loud for all wananchi to hear and understand the need for them to support and embrace the integration process.
Engaging the youth to embrace regional integration through Arts, Sports and Advocacy. Afrika Mashariki Fest (AMF) was launched on 8th October 2014 at Mandela National Stadium Namboole and has it’s headquarters in Kampala Uganda. AMF has already established the Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and Burundi Chapters with committed members.
Why we do what we do:
As Afrika Mashariki Fest (AMF), we embrace sports as a way to foster and promote local and regional integration and cooperation. Once a populace embraces unity and cohesion this presents an optimal environment that fosters thriving business ventures, relationships whilst boosting tourism.
All our events are organized under specific themes aimed at communicating our overall mission of engaging the youth to embrace regional integration through arts, sports and advocacy.
At AMF, our philosophy is anchored on 4 main pillars :
- We have held two editions of the Afrika Mashariki Fest Half Marathon at Kololo Independence Grounds in Kampala Uganda 31st May 2015 & 29th May 2016.
- On 29th May 2016, We hosted the inaugural Afrika Mashariki Fest Awards Gala Dinner at Speke Resort & Conference Center Munyonyo to recognise and reward EAC Founding Fathers, EAC Revival Championships and other Stakeholders of the EAC integration process.
- On 11th December 2016, we held the inaugural Afrika Mashariki Fest Half Marathon Kenya Edition at Mama Ngina Drive in Mombasa.
- On 27th May 2017, Afrika Mashariki Fest successfully organised the 1st Edition of the Bujumbura Peace Run 2017 at Prince Louise Rwagasore Stadium in Bujumbura Burundi.
- We have published two editions of the Afrika Mashariki Fest Magazine. This is a Bi-Lingual publication (English & Kiswahili) that is circulated in all six EAC partner states.
- Afrika Mashariki Fest has taken the initiative to carry and fly the EAC flag at regional, continental and world athletics events including; All Africa Games in Congo Brazaville, IAAF World Championships in Beijing China 2015, IAAF World Cross Country Championships in Guiyang China 2015 & Kampala 2017, Rio 2016
- Olympics in Brazil among others with an aim of creating awareness about our region’s integration.
We appreciate Government Ministries & Corporate Companies for their support towards our initiative.
Route Map for Tour Tanzania
555 KMS in 5 Days – A celebration of Peace to enhance Domestic Tourism & Enviromentał Conservation.
Mark the Date for Tour Tanzania Cycling Event
Get Involved now: